The intent and commitment of the Reading Education Foundation is to carefully target our support, meeting with the superintendent’s leadership teams to determine where our funds will make the greatest impact in encouraging academic excellence.
The Reading Education Foundation awards grants each year to innovative initiatives at the district-wide, school-based and individual teacher levels. The Foundation also is committed to raising at least a 5 million dollars endowment to support academic excellence for years to come.
We hope you will join us and our current sponsors in supporting Reading School District students.
dream. believe. achieve.
Since our inception in 2021, we have been able to give back in various ways, such as:
– Awarded 8 teacher/school grants totaling $24,300.
– REF 2023 “Fund a Cause” raised $25,000 to support ”Legacy Grants” for Reading School District teachers.
– An additional $15,000 was donated to support the RHS “Alumni Project.”
– Awarding eight school and individual classroom grants
– Awarding the RHS JROTC $10,000 toward funds they need to participate in national competitions, where they consistently are named one of the best organizations in the country.
– Awarding a planning grant of $10,000 to Reading High School to create the Reading High Alumni Project, an interactive, student-led website that will feature the stories of notable RHS grads.
– Sent every 4th grader in the Reading School District (1400 students!) to experience three 2-hour STEM workshops, led by the faculty of the Science Research Institute.
– Funded scholarships for two full years for 20 middle school students to attend the nationally renowned Science Research Institute (SRI) at Albright College. These scholarships provide students the opportunity to attend two 7-week summer camp experiences and, for two years, to attend SRI Monday through Thursday after school.